May 10, 2017

East Delivery Union Management meeting April 12, 2017 held at 280 Progress Avenue at 10:00 am

C. D’Angelo M. Duquette
P. Comport L. Charles
W. Lee C. O’Conner
J. Mateus S. Chau
C. Wittich

RMO Unfinished Business

1.) Route Values Missing/Incorrect Walk 203 Malvern

Management: Reschedule for next UMM. Feb 09, 2017: MOA was designed but did not see the details. Status quo

Scarborough D- Walk 640 Feb 09, 2017: MOA was designed but did not see the details. Status quo

CUPW: Carrier still has not been paid

Management: Will follow-up with Route Measurement

CPC- walk # 203-no changes in values. Route remains the same - in SAP shows different than the 518 which – all they need is employee info to sort the payment – Sept to Nov 2016 – (could be Petulla Fisher)

Walk # 640-Tony Giovannone is working on it.

12.71 minutes per day from Nov 1st 2015 to Feb 1 2016 – Coz to follow up

RMO New Business

1.) Iron Ring Map

CUPW: Requesting a copy of the iron ring map

Management: Will follow-up with RM

Feb 09, 2017: Email sent by RMO that it is DSO issue. DSO is refusing to provide a copy of the map.


C&D Unfinished Business

1.) Not Doing Article 50’s (Malvern)

CUPW: Received an email from Kerry Hobbs. Would like the results of the Pre-50 results. Walks 204 and 218 Management: Management to follow-up.

Feb 09, 2017: CUPW – Article 50 was filed in the past and union did not see any actions.

Mgt – Employee on route not requesting article 50 and no further data will be provided.

CUPW – request was filled in 2013 (years ago) and nothing was done. There was a pre 50 actions were taken and union need to see the actions taken on this pre-50 request.

CPC- will provide if we have it.

216 and 218 provided, 204 not done - closed

2.) Lunch Locations

CUPW: Chris and Kerry have been out, found locations from West Hill Scar C and Depot 4. Still on-going. When are we implementing? For Pickering, they had lunch locations in the previous structure, can’t we use those locations?

Management: For Pickering, Manager to speak with Chris Coolahan. Management to follow-up on implementation at 280 Progress. Reviews have been conducted at Scar Depot 11.

The corporation’s positions are that all routes previously alleging without lunch locations, but subsequently having undergone restructure, are considered resolved. Routes are structured in accordance with the Collective Agreement/LCRMS in that employees shall take their meal on route at the location of their choice and are in receipt of 3 minutes of travel allowance.

Feb 09, 2017 – 280 management will drive out and find the appropriate lunch locations and provide further results. 31 Brodie will be doing same thing. Other locations to follow up further. Previous requests will be dealt with through grievance process and any new concerns will be dealt under the process of identifying the lunch locations.

-status quo

-status quo -

3.) 038’s review timeline (Pickering)

CUPW: Toronto O, R, L, Scar D, need copies once restructures are implemented. For Pickering, Chris highlighted all issues on the 038s for Pickering.

Management: Chris to follow-up with Julie via phone call.

Julie to follow up with Chris – status quo

Feb 09, 2017: Chris is meeting with Julie to discuss Pickering. And waiting on Melvern and Scar D. Waiting for current stat for Willowdale B and D. Joseph will work with Chris to provide the current status for above two stations.

-status quo

4.) 1/3 splits on headers

CUPW: Richmond Hill/ Thornhill is outstanding

Management: Management in Richmond Hill/ Thornhill to follow-up

Feb 09, 2017: Richmond Hill main was completed. Thornhill Main will be done in 3 weeks as supervisor has been assigned to this.

CPC- Glen Ramlochan to follow up

Glen to provide update, on minutes for 2 years – Glen please provide for next meeting!!! Steve Vaughn called to state they are done, Chris to confirm-


5.) Departure Time Studies

CUPW: All restructures that occurred in the fall, a departure studies need to be done. Agincourt, West Hill, Depot 4, Scarborough F, Scarborough C, Don Mills, Scar Depot 11, Markham/Unionville, Pickering

Management: Management to follow-up on process.

Feb 09, 2017: Management will follow up further on this topic.

CPC/CUPW- agreed to a 10 days study except Malvern.

Managers to review with Chris Coolahan time line that works before-end May before volumes drop

6.) Oversized

CUPW: O/S parcels going onto Depot Cart by LCA.

Management: Mr. Aggarwal: Employees need to speak with Team Leaders if they have any concerns with a mail piece. Management has followed-up with all concerns. Will hold additional mini-meetings to re-enforce. Mr. Mateus: Safety talks have been completed with employees

Feb 09, 2017: Safety meetings were conducted and advised to all employees to follow the process. Some stations are in the processing of conducting these meetings and will confirm in the next meeting.

CPC-weight limits will be respected/honored as per C/A.

All managers need to confirm –

280 Progress and Glen confirmed, Don Mills, Tempo and Will B and D

Julie,and Ewa to confirm for next meeting…I will send out CMS procedure to managers to remind them

7.) Rotation of Duties – Scarb Dep 11

CUPW: Requesting Rotation of Duties for part-time employees

Management: Rotation between parcel, packet and carding activities. Caller Window activities will not be included in the rotation. Ms. Dzienniak will provide proposal to Mike for review.

Feb 09, 2017: Both parties are reviewing the details and will provide further updates.

CUPW-LCAs doing caller. LCAs included in Group 1 rotation. LCAs are Group 2.

CPC-rotation of duty will be discussed at YDC monthly UMM.

Status quo-something has to be set up to deal with, Terry, Derick, Ewa and Mike – Depot 11 Cheryl Kong

8.) Time Value for breaking off line of route (West Hill & Agincourt)

CUPW: Walks are structured to come back by 6:20 pm, but operations are asking LC to come back for 6 pm. LC should be provided time values to come back at 6 pm and go back out to finish their routes. This is happening at West Hill and Agincourt. Any LC who has to bring back SLB need to be back for 6 pm as per operations.

Management: Warren to follow-up with RM.

CUPW- if it’s on a regular basis that employees are required to come back early, they should be given time value. Routes # 306 and 343 of Unionville come back early and then go back out again.

CPC-15.08 applies

Scar D and F being told to bring back carded items – on Friday’s if they don’t have their carded items by 5 on Fridays they have to go to RPO’s themselves.

Chris to provide list of walks that are structured to come back late, I will review with RMO’ s and shuttle network – Warren to follow up with National interpretation

9.) O/T Lists not Posted In Stations

CUPW: These lists are supposed to be physically posted for everyone to see

Management: Mr. Mateus will confirm lists are posted for his respective stations by end of the week.

Feb 09, 2017: Don Mills and Glen’s area has been confirmed that all lists have been posted on the work floor.

CUPW: some stations still to confirm if the lists are posted.

CUPW- Ajax, Whitby and 55 Temp not confirmed.

CPC-all managers need to confirm

Ajax Whitby confirmed, 280 Progress Confirmed, Joseph confirmed - closed

10.) Ajax: Dangerous and hazardous substance protocol should be adhered to

CUPW: Procedures should be followed and team leaders should be familiar with procedures

Management: A review of procedures will be conducted with the team leaders in the area.

Feb 09, 2017: Julie to follow up and provide an update.

CPC-Julie to follow up and re-enforces protocols and processes

Status quo – awaiting follow up Julie, and LJOSH

11.) Redirections of parcels and packets: CUPW is asking why Parcels and packets to be pulled out for COAN and redirect these items from Depot 11. Parcels and packets are not part of the COAN. Management to follow up on this and provide a correct process of COAN for parcels.

CUPW- is there time value to handle parcel redirections.

CPC- RMO to respond

No time value closed

12.) CMB sites not cleared snow and ice: Snow and ice not cleared from in front of CMB sites. Union is requesting the information about what is being used (salt or sand). Management has been raising these safety concerns to the contractors and expecting quick resolutions. Safety devices (cleets) to be provided to the new employees.

CUPW- 31 Brodie needs to escalate snow clearing issue to contractor. Snow is not cleared after repeated complaints from employees.

CPC- work in progress

280 and YDC confirms that follow up with contractors done, cannot speak to CMB’s different – Kimti to follow up with BLJC to review contracts


13.) Term resignations: Union raised concern that new employees are resigned due to the treatment to them. Union is asking to look at the process of new employee’s integration to the day to day work. Management will review the process. Management will also streamline the process of peer trainers. Union suggested to discuss the selection of peer trainer topic in LJHSC meetings as well.

CPC- work in progress

-peer mentoring classes to be set up – Penny working on it with Brandi – 280 to bring in temps prior to working – meet and greet, scope of job, safety awareness route maps etc…update next meeting.

14.) FAF not interpreted correctly: Union raised some concerns about 280 Progress (Station C & Agincourt) and Depot 11 had some concerns about the interpretation of FAF forms. Management will follow up with the team.


15. Flyer process

CUPW- superintendent at Brodie still interviewing employee and commented that employees were double dipping

CPC- matter has been resolved.

Cupw – all the flier prep time moved to afternoon, only in morning with exceptions – this is a collective agreement issue, ‘prep of U/A mail includes collating’ – flier prep is part of days’ work…during your 8 hours or after your 8 hours. Different interpretation form supervisors, do not understand where instructions come from.

Cupw - Union position is that DA’s can collate at the end of day, overtime not a determining factor and has to be done in a safe location.

Cpc: will act in accordance with the terms outlined in Bruno Cadieux’s April 27, 2017 letter to the Union Re: Collation of Neighbourhood Mail for Centralized Points of Call - Appendices D and D-2

16. Ajax and Pickering

CUPW- Bar Chart vetting needs to go back to Sept 2016 because no other union better there

Penny – to follow up – confirm what needs to be vetted and update for next meeting

17. Flyer Chart

CUPW- there is a chart/grid containing allotments of times assigned to number of sets of flyers circulating on the work floor.

Mgt. see item # 15 above

18. CTC Big Red flyer MOA discussed

C&D New Business

Power failure at Wynford – what are proper procedures to be followed as carriers continue to work in dark

Joseph followed up and Wynford followed process, sunlight was available through large window – options were given to sit in lunch room, work if you felt you could and head lamps could be used, or go outside to wait – some opted for each of these choices, and we felt we followed proper procedures

Union position – follow appropriate emergency procedures as per CMS

Joseph to follow up with H&S and LR and also the LJOSH meetings.

Emergency procedures – to be communicated and reinforced.

RETAIL Unfinished Business

1.) 280 Progress Retail – 2 term employees

CUPW: Concerns over staffing levels in RPO

Management: Stephanie to review with PC&R Manager and Director of Retail

Feb 09, 2017: Union stated that some employees were put in to Retail positions but employee will never work as they are on approved LTA benefits. Retail is short staff and using temps to staff these positions. These positions should be offered to the employees sitting home on STDP. Management to follow up further and this will be discussed in Article 54 meetings.

CUPW- mgt refused a temporary employee’s application. Instead hired 3 brand new temporary employee off the street. Mgt is hiring temporary employees to cover retail operation, but not from the appropriate temp list.

2.) 5 Ton Clearance needed Stouffville RPO

CUPW: Management should review the appropriate method (5-Ton or Step Vans) for clearing this RPO

Management: Will follow-up with RM

Feb 09, 2017: SDM can entertain 5 tone with lift. CPC doesn’t have lift 5 tones available. RSMC employee is spending too much time to clear this location due to high volume. Union is stating the set up a part time route to clear this RPO with larger vehicle. Management to follow up.


RETAIL New Business

1. Temp List, missing names

2. Other Issues – round table -NO ISSUE

R.S.M.C. Consultations

Unfinished Business

1. CUPW: Status of EE’s who abandoned employment MAPLE (one) & BRODIE – one at 14th Ave & one at Brodie – one from WBC (Thornhill Delivery Centre)

CPC: No updates – Glen R, Kimti & Barb to provide update(s)

2. Parcel Log Sheet procedure

CUPW: start/end date of tracking parcel volumes vs each depot having different star/end period(s)

CPC: Joseph will follow-up with RSMC National for clarification on established practice(s)

3. 5 TON service – H&S issue – multiple trips

4. CUPW: CPC moved clearance from one route to a new route – same conditions

CPC: will review

5. CUPW: OCRE being paid 85% of 85% vs 85% of route value

CPC: Joseph will inquire with RSMC National/process team for clarification and respond

6. CUPW: Vacant routes must be checked when vacant before re-staffed to ensure correct values, Maple & Stouffvile not following the process

CPC: Will review with depots identified for update

7. CUPW: New growth not properly assigned in Richmond Hill 14 – some routes are over 8 hours and management is assigning new growth. New growth is being assigned under the old time values.

CPC: Status quo

8. New OCRE to use for parcel delivery: Union stated that management should use new OCRE to deliver parcels only in RSMC areas. Management will explore this further and provide an update.


9. Training for OCRE: Not adequate training is being provided to new employees. Management to follow up.


10. CUPW: RSMC PDT training – All RSMC to be trained on the new PDTs

CPC: RSMCs were paid via ADHOC – CLOSED

Next meeting is May 17, 2017 @ 10:00 @ 280 Progress Ave.

Minutes by: Cos D’Angelo