MINUTES OF MONTHLY CONSULTATION
BETWEEN
GTA-DELIVERY-TORONTO EAST
AND
CUPW-SCARBOROUGH LOCAL
MARCH 21, 2007

CPC CUPW
D. Beardmore M. Duquette
K. Burtt L. Charles
C. Hasenclever G. Pratt
E. Herrera K. Davidson
R. Carroll G. Tomaszewski
S. Hardy
J. Wineck
L. Waine

Due to other commitments the agenda was adjusted to accommodate attendee’s schedules.

WEST BEAVER CREEK-LCA

Closed

WEST BEAVER CREEK-WORK PERFORMANCE

Closed

WBC-DELETION OF POSITION

Discussion arose regarding the deletion of a full time position in November, 2006 and the union seeking information. This information was forwarded to the union, M. Duquette will respond if necessary.

RETAIL-WORLD VISION-DONMILLS

The union asked whether review had occurred with respect to promotional material on display @ Don Mills involving World Vision. Management believed this was authorized from the national level, J. Wineck to review and confirm.

280 PROGRESS-DELETION OF POSITION

The union stated that the information provided by P. Wright to M. Duquette is believed to be inaccurate. M. Duquette to send specifics to P. Wright for response.

The union stated that the issue of coverage involving the Lead Hand @ Don Mills was offered improperly, management to review and resolve.

L. LUCAS RTE

The union stated that monies were not in fact paid on pay period 2 as earlier reflected, management to review.

AIR TESTING DON MILLS, AJAX & 280 PROGRESSES

The union stated that no information has been received.

Management stated that any information within its possession will be forwarded. Pichon has been contracted to perform work @ Don Mills, date undetermined as yet.

Ajax

The union stated that the ducts required cleaning as a result of the floor being cut, believe only the filters were changed. The union requests that W. St. Germaine conduct the normal testing to verify proper. Management stated that this request will be forwarded.

280 Progress Ave.

The union believes that there is dust in the air, employees are displaying symptoms. The union stated that the HVAC records are not decipherable, information not understood, request clarification. Management stated that these issues should be with the LJOSH committee, not at this forum.

LJOSH

The union stated that in May new committees will be required, training is necessary as the present committees will no longer exist. In each facility will have an employer and union presence in place.

Management stated that the criteria, both present and proposed require 9 meetings yearly. Population will influence the number of committees. The LJOSH will address the number of committees and structure. The union requested that representatives of the HRSDC be present, management stating that this is not deemed necessary; the parties should be capable of addressing.

GLASS CASES-280 PROGRESS AVE./MINUTES OF CONSULTATION

Management stated that they would not be receiving the additional glass cases, monitoring will continue for the monthly bid postings, LJOSH and monthly consultation minutes being posted.

FIRST AIDERS

The union stated that they received the list, at Don Mills and Rich Hill there are no first Aiders, WBC not reflected. Management stated that a course is being arranged, staffing is voluntary, and the union stated that present First Aiders are not being approached.

TRAIN THE TRAINERS

Management stated that the Training department believes here are sufficient trainers at present. Additional trainers are being reviewed for the YDC which will assist in relieving the requirements in Delivery.

CHANGES TO RC ATTRIBUTES

The union to update if issues continuing.

RLC WORKING IN VARIOUS FACILITIES

To be discussed @ Scar F tomorrow.

MALVERN

The 2007 restructure schedule has been sent; Malvern is scheduled in the near future. The union believes that the number of A62 cases will be in excess of room available. The union stated that the biding exercise will require explanation, the bidding forms will require clear direction and attributes of routes. Discussion of having temporary employees performing some of these routes requires the attention of the parties.

CAMERAS IN STATIONS FOR WSIB INVESTIGATIONS

Cameras are on backorder.

JOINT WSIB TRAINING

R. Carroll to follow up with Allan Ackerman regarding contact to confirm whether this will occur.

54:01 (e)

The union stated that management’s numbers were inaccurate, 4 are missing, Will D inaccurate. Management to review.

PICKERING, SECURITY

A keypad for door is being considered to address security concerns. The dock is being monitored, not aware of any recent issues.

ROTATION OF DUTIES

The union stated that J. Coe advises this issue will not be addressed in the LJOSH, management to review. A rotation of duties schedule is completed for Ajax, Markham and Unionville expected next week.

LOCKING UP OF EQUIPMENT

The union started that a lock and access on the outside of door would assist with issues, management to review. The union stated that the area by the northwest door is cold. The union stated that employees continue to lock up equipment, employees considering the equipment as their personal equipment in one instance an employee takes a baker’s rack home. The union suggested that bolt cutters be utilized. R. Carroll to personally review. If any employee is removing equipment they will be subject to discipline after one warning.

NR SCHEDULES

This will be resolved for next year’s selection to ensure consistency.

NEW BUSINESS

SAIR-LACK OF INVESTIGATIONS

M. Duquette to provide update when able. The union cited an example @ Scar Depot 11, an employee fell on a broken stair, no investigation was conducted, stair simply fixed. The union stated that a representative of the HRSDC reflects that H&S representatives should be involved in the investigation rather than the shop steward as a first choice. Cell phones should be considered, this is being considered in Montreal.

SUNDAY OPERATION-280 PROGRESS AVE.

The union requested a copy of the E/0 list. S. Hardy and K. Munday to meet to discuss.

CONTRACTING IN MMHE

The union stated that the new collective agreement will provide direction.

UADS-PRODUCTION BONUS, FORM 7s

The union requested that this issue be carried over until next meeting.

AJAX-A62 CASES

A RMO, D. Beardmore, and J. LeBlanc reviewed cases and floor plan at another facility. Engineering is presently reviewing the new floor plan.

SCAR D 11, OVERTIME SHEETS

The union stated that the forms have to be requested, they are red which do not copy well, and there are insufficient copies available for employees to complete. Management to review.

Management will canvass the RLC for volunteers to cover unknown absences on the # 1 shift. The union requested that all L/C be canvassed, management declining this request.

NEW BUSINESS

ARTICLE 54-R. PANETTA

Recently this employee was advised to perform duties not normally performed by him, this is improper. Management stated that there are insufficient duties to fulfill his full shift, workload has to be adjusted, and duties required are to be considered. Management to follow up on duties to be expected.

TAXI POLICY

The union questioned whether an employee can be requested to take relays in a taxi with him. Management stated that this was permissible. This has been cascaded via email.

RLC-ASSIGNMENT EXTENDED

The union questioned whether a RLC on an assignment is required to remain on the assignment if the absence is extended. Management stated yes.

MLC-SORT & DELIVER

The union questioned who receives prep values for UADS when the route is reflected as a sort for. Management to review.

MODIFIED DUTIES-SENDING OUT WORK

The union stated that an employee was sent home for lack of modified duties yet RTS mails sent from Scar Depot 11. Management stated that modified duties and availability of equipment has to be considered. The union questioned why R. Daniels was not accommodated management to review.

Next meeting April 11, 2007